We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

WALTHAM ABBEY CEMETERY

Share your brick walls here, or help others demolish theirs.
Greaves

WALTHAM ABBEY CEMETERY

Post by Greaves »

I KNOW from an old newspaper report that my relative William Teat was buried in Waltham Abbey Cemetery in 1892. I wish to know if his wife Sophia Teat, who died in Waltham Abbey on 25 Dec 1899, was also buried at the same location.

Does anyone know where I can find the burial records for this cemetery?

I learnt of the newspaper report from a thread on RootsChat.
phsvm

Re: WALTHAM ABBEY CEMETERY

Post by phsvm »

As a first port of call you could find out who now manages the cemetery and then contact them.

I was trying to find out if a couple were buried together when only the husband was known to be in a certain plot. In my case the cemetery was managed by the local council. I e-mailed them, they came back and said for a fee they could tell me where in the cemetery the plot was!

I replied saying I didn't want to visit or know exactly where plot was, I just wanted to know if the wife was buried there as well. I had a reply back confirming she was.
Greaves

Re: WALTHAM ABBEY CEMETERY

Post by Greaves »

Yes, I am in the process of trying to track down the relevant authorities.

With regard to your account, I have experienced varying degrees of helpfulness from managers of private cemeteries, including former municipal cemeteries that have been privatised. Some have gone out of their way to be helpful, a few have been anything but helpful and indeed in some cases downright obstructive.