We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

Eliza Riley

Share your brick walls here, or help others demolish theirs.
Norfolk Nan

Eliza Riley

Post by Norfolk Nan »

Hi

Eliza Riley, born c1819 Wiltshire, is missing from the 1891 census. Last seen living with her Davison relatives in Chelsea in 1881, she’s not with any known relative nor the workhouses or infirmaries or hospitals in the area. I’ve tried a number of variations and as I believe she died in 1894 she must be somewhere. If anyone finds her please let me know, thank you.
sdup26

Re: Eliza Riley

Post by sdup26 »

Eliza is on the 1881 census but not 1891. Have you checked for a possible marriage or death during those years? Have you sent for the death certificate of the Eliza Riley who died in Chelsea in 1894? (Dec Q Vol 1a, pg 239) You refer to it as if this Eliza is 'yours' but you need the certificate to prove it, as the name could be just a coincidence.
Norfolk Nan

Re: Eliza Riley

Post by Norfolk Nan »

I am waiting for the cert to arrive. :D