We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

The Great War Forum

Post your queries about your military ancestors, or help fellow researchers find out about theirs.
phsvm

The Great War Forum

Post by phsvm »

I'm afraid work commitments have kept me away for a while so I maybe completely behind the times with this but I've just tried to get onto the Great War Forum only to get a message saying it's not available.

Going to the Long Long Trail website, hoping to be able to access it from there the link appears to have been removed and there's no mention of it.

Does anyone know anything about this?
Thunder

Re: The Great War Forum

Post by Thunder »

The Great War Forum was working about two minutes ago, maybe it was a temporary glitch.
meekhcs

Post by meekhcs »

I have just tried and mananged to access the site
Sally
phsvm

Post by phsvm »

Many thanks.

I tried to access via my saved link and I couldn't get anything - got a message saying it wasn't avilable. Doing a new search and it's come up.

Panic over :lol:
meekhcs

Post by meekhcs »

Aparently Google has undergone some sort of reconfiguration recently and many "old" links to what they term "Classic sites" are now broken. I heard of this when a small website I have used in the past was suddenly "broken" and a conversatin with the owner of the site brought the problem to light.
Sally
AdrianBruce

Post by AdrianBruce »

As regards the smaller sites, my gut feeling is that a lot have recently been pushed into using security (https rather than http) - as a result, my bookmarks (often) don't work anymore and when I do a visual check, the eye skips the bit at the front. Or it did until I realised what was going on.
Adrian Bruce