We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

Charles Moah 3rd Battalion Royal Artillery

Post your queries about your military ancestors, or help fellow researchers find out about theirs.
jonwarrn

Re: Charles Moah 3rd Battalion Royal Artillery

Post by jonwarrn »

Bridget could be recorded as Noah in 1881 in Liverpool.
At number 1 Queen Street, with son John.
She is age 48, formerly laundress
piece 3610 folio 75 page 4
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q27L-SSKT

meekhcs wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 19:45 I was lucky Jon, I scored a free upgrade with Ancestry for a year because of problems I had with the site ;)
Well done! I expect you are still having some problems, because we all do with ancestry!
meekhcs wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 19:45 researchers too because these days we are force fed Ancestry FMP etc.
That is true. They have their uses though!
Thunder wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 01:34 As to the microfilming of the WO 69 records I am sure that if you put in an FOI request they should be able to tell you how much has been microfilmed, it might take a month or so given the Coronavirus crisis and problems accessing records since most staff are not in the building.
Thank you for the suggestion. It will be a drop in the ocean of course, but I guess we are all frustrated when we can't get hold of records, even when a possible means is there!