We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

Census 2021

A space for genealogy-related conversations.
Guy

Re: Census 2021

Post by Guy »

Yes as the current privacy epidemic grows more and more historic facts will be discarded by official vandalism.
Cheers
Guy
As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.
Thunder

Re: Census 2021

Post by Thunder »

The latest statement from Find My Past doesn't fill me with confidence, about releasing it in 'the early part of this year.' I know that The National Archives have talked about a secondary transcription being needed and FMP started the work after the award of the contract was delayed for an unknown reason by TNA by nine months. Transcription is key and we all know from previous Censuses about the obvious errors that have been made. Another issue is going to be access at TNA where researchers can view the Census without having to pay a private company for access from home, will TNA have changed their COVID 'rules' by then.
Of course there is the question of whether the website is robust enough to cope and function. At least I can look forward to the Scottish Census this year!.

https://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine ... id-impact/