We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

TNA to reopen?

A space for genealogy-related conversations.
Thunder

TNA to reopen?

Post by Thunder »

I have just received my newsletter from Cornwall Record Office (Kresen Kernow) saying they are going to open in mid-April under the Government guidelines, which to me suggest that TNA should open at the same time, whether they do is open to question.
Thunder

Re: TNA to reopen?

Post by Thunder »

The good news is that TNA are going to reopen on 27 April with 100 seats available each day, the not so good news is that you can only order 12 documents plus three reserves all in advance and that the office closes at 2.50 pm. This early closing is too short as researchers have pointed out. You can order 20-40 documents over a two day period as long as they are from the same series, so why not any other 20 documents for one day's visit. We can however use the computers which was stopped before, so why now?.

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/abo ... us-update/