We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

Ancestry free weekend

A space for genealogy-related conversations.
Guy

Ancestry free weekend

Post by Guy »

Reminder Ancestry are having a free weekend from 2 Apr to 5 Apr 2021 at 11:59 p.m.

FREE ACCESS TO ALL HISTORICAL RECORDS UNTIL MONDAY*
Build on your DNA results
This Easter weekend, for the first time ever, we’re giving you free access to all our historical records from the UK and worldwide. Build on your DNA results and search over 27 billion historical records from over 80 countries to find out more about the people and places in your past.

*Free access from 2 Apr to 5 Apr 2021 at 11:59 p.m. To view these records you will need to register for free with Ancestry.co.uk with your name and email address. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using an Ancestry.co.uk paid membership. To see a full list of the records in the featured collections please click here.
The click here does not seem to have carried over so here is the link to click https://tinyurl.com/37jbs8yb
As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.
meekhcs

Re: Ancestry free weekend

Post by meekhcs »

Lovely! The site will be as slow as a snail!! - and I was hoping to spend the weekend researching
Sally
Guy

Post by Guy »

No the site is flying, I cannot believe how fast it is returning results
As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.
meekhcs

Post by meekhcs »

That is good to hear!

I know I shouldn't moan when they give free access. I am sure it encourages many who otherwise couldn't afford the subs.
Sally