We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

Re-opening of TNA

A space for genealogy-related conversations.
Thunder

Re-opening of TNA

Post by Thunder »

I have just received the monthly newsletter from TNA and they say they are looking with other archives on how to re-open. In my view we are still months away from any re-opening and having any sort of 'normality'.
Thunder

Re: Re-opening of TNA

Post by Thunder »

The Summer 2020 edition of WDYTYA Magazine has a good article (Page 9) by Rosemary Collins on when archives may reopen. It is disappointing, to see the least that TNA and the three other national archives have no date they can give us as to when they will re-open, TNA was given a leadership role in archives in 2011 and there has been a lack of leadership from them during the coronavirus period and before, they have been very secretive and not transparent. In my view we should be careful in case TNA try to further stop researchers attending, the limit on the number of documents is suspended at the moment and we know that digital records Is what TNA is more interested in, even if researchers aren't.