We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

1921 Scottish Census

A space for genealogy-related conversations.
Thunder

1921 Scottish Census

Post by Thunder »

I remain confident it will be released this year and it will be miles better than the 'England and Wales' Census, of course the transcription is being done by the University of Belfast and not a private company (FMP), so much for the TNA statement that they have to outsource the 'England and Wales' Census!.

https://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine ... d-in-2022/
AdrianBruce

Re: 1921 Scottish Census

Post by AdrianBruce »

1. Rules for contracting out work from the National Records of Scotland (NRS) need not be the same as the rules for TNA.

2. By any definition of the word, NRS have outsourced their 1921.
Adrian Bruce
Thunder

Post by Thunder »

AdrianBruce wrote: 04 Sep 2022, 20:27 1. Rules for contracting out work from the National Records of Scotland (NRS) need not be the same as the rules for TNA.

2. By any definition of the word, NRS have outsourced their 1921.
Thankfully NRS are far better than TNA! and always have been and they have not contracted the work out to a private company to make lots of money for themselves.
AdrianBruce

Post by AdrianBruce »

Thunder wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 17:34... Thankfully NRS are far better than TNA! and always have been ...
I suspect that you've not been reading Chris Paton's Scottish Genes blog then...
Adrian Bruce
VALLMO9

Post by VALLMO9 »

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of this census, particularly as one of my close relatives will be in it. However, I shall be rather surprised if it's released before the end of this year.
Thunder

Post by Thunder »

AdrianBruce wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 21:07
Thunder wrote: 07 Sep 2022, 17:34... Thankfully NRS are far better than TNA! and always have been ...
I suspect that you've not been reading Chris Paton's Scottish Genes blog then...
I have now read Chris Paton's blog, most of which was publicised. TNA are not the organisation it once was and is a woke organisation and one who seem to be intent on stopping researchers working with catalogue entries that are not useful but are totally wrong as well as stopping the release of records. In some cases they are clearly contravening the Data Protection Act.
Guy

Post by Guy »

Ifthe NRS pay regard to the law the 1921 Scottish Census will never be published, but I expect like the TNA they will ignore the law and publish the census as soon as they can.
Cheers
Guy
As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.