We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

Hermoine Jane Elizabeth Isaac WRNS WW2

Post your queries about your military ancestors, or help fellow researchers find out about theirs.
JasonB

Hermoine Jane Elizabeth Isaac WRNS WW2

Post by JasonB »

I am trying to locate the service records of Hermoine (1928-1960) in the WRNS during WW2. She was born on 2 May 1924 in Barnstaple, Devon to Arthur John Bird Isaac and Winifred Langdon. She married Flying Officer Kenneth James Jarvis on Saturday 30th April 1944 in Barnstaple, Devon according to an article in the North Devon Journal dated Thursday 4th May 1944 and she has the letters WRNS after her name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mick Loney

Re: Hermoine Jane Elizabeth Isaac WRNS WW2

Post by Mick Loney »

Jason,
Sorry if I’m being picky but you spelt Hermione as Hermoine, i.e. transposing the i and o.
Not critical, but could this prevent you from getting the results you’re after?
JasonB

Re: Hermione Jane Elizabeth Isaac WRNS WW2

Post by JasonB »

No its not an issue regards the spelling as I have just tried it with the correct spelling and still get no results
VALLMO9

Re: Hermoine Jane Elizabeth Isaac WRNS WW2

Post by VALLMO9 »

WW2 records are still with the Ministry of Defence (MOD). It costs £30 to apply for each record, which is non-refundable.
This link gives information: https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-se ... es-records

Another option is to contact the address below. This office controls all service records for the years approximately 1920 to at l939, including WRNS ratings enlisting 1939–1955. Please note that information can only be given to next of kin.

The Directorate of Personnel Support (Navy)
Navy Search
TNT Archive Services
Tetron Point
William Nadin Way
Swadlincote
Derbyshire DE11 0BB

Tel: 01283 227913
Fax: 01283227942
E-mail: navysearchpgrc@tnt.co.uk