We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

Trying to get it right is driving me crazy!

Share your brick walls here, or help others demolish theirs.
woodchal

Re: Trying to get it right is driving me crazy!

Post by woodchal »

before VALLMO9's message I had - 1911 census has a Selina Hatherley aged 29, as an inmate of the Totnes Union Workhouse. She has a birthplace of Brixham. One observation is that Selina is a popular name in the wider Hatherley family. I even spotted a Selina Hatherley marrying a William Hatherley in 1881, which might complicate things. So as well as multiple Charles Heale’s there are almost certainly multiple Selina’s.

Although I don't want to reinvent the wheel I would be interested to know the answer - how do I access the topic from the old forum. I tried the link provided in this forum "read this first" but couldn't work out a way to locate the topic.
Templ4r

Re: Trying to get it right is driving me crazy!

Post by Templ4r »

You will find her as Atherley in 1901, Hatherleigh in 1891, parents William and Selina Wylie. Selina died around the time she gave birth to Selina Ada in 1884.