We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

Check and check again!

A space for genealogy-related conversations.
paulr1949

Check and check again!

Post by paulr1949 »

I have been going through my tree looking to see if there are any newer records that I can add to my "lost cousins" ancestors and discovered I had an Ellen Church. She was connected to one of my 3 x great aunts Harriet Pitman, who married a Henry William Church. Looking at the 1881 and 1891 census results I found Ellen in an entry with Harriet a widow. Investiogating further I found (I thought) 3 more children who I didn't know about. Henry William Church was a brewer's agent/brewer/insperctor who was away boarding in Liverpool in 1881 so it gave me the idea that perhaps one or other was living with someone else! Intrigued, I researched a bit more and went over the facts and eventually discovered that there were two Harriet Church's - they were both born in Middlesex (which was the entry in one of the census records) but another one had my correct one born in Hackney and the other one born in Kings Cross. So I was totally barking up the wrong tree. Ellen was nothing to do with my family so is now deleted. It just shows even if you've done a lot of genealogy that you need to check everything again!
Happy Christmas everybody.
Paul
Jimbo50

Re: Check and check again!

Post by Jimbo50 »

Isn't that a bit mean...just before Christmas. She's now tree-less. I daren't look at my efforts again, I hope they're OK, . Maybe one day.
Merry Christmas Paul and everyone else on board