We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

JFK

A space for genealogy-related conversations.
Thunder

JFK

Post by Thunder »

Today is a sad and historic day with the 60th anniversary of the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy, President of the United States. I can still remember hearing the news on the special BBC news flash in 1963 (I was 7 years old) at the time. Also when I read of the assassination of his brother (Robert Kennedy) in 1968 when we had just got off a train at Charing Cross station in London. Key moments in one's life.

Of course tomorrow (the 23 November 1963) was the first Dr Who episode, life without the Daleks who partially appeared in December 1963 would be unthinkable. Do other people have such events they recall even from years ago?.
VALLMO9

Re: JFK

Post by VALLMO9 »

On 22 Nov 1963 my mum and 7-year-old brother were in a bakery shop to buy him a birthday cake. When the JFK news came on the radio in the bakery they closed shop immediately. No birthday cake for my brother that year.
Thunder

Post by Thunder »

That's interesting, When I was working at TNA on the morning of 9/11 the office and staff just carried on as usual, I thought it was pretty shocking. No respect shown by the PRO/TNA management.
meekhcs

Post by meekhcs »

April 20th 2016, my last radiotherapy treatment. My husband and I left the hospital with big smiles on our faces. Into the car, switched on the radio and the first thing we heard was that Victoria Wood had died. Happiness turned to sadness in the blink of an eye.
Sally
Mick Loney

Post by Mick Loney »

21 October 1966, driving on M1 on way to Stone, Staffordshire, when I heard news of the Aberfan Disaster, truly tragic. A couple of years ago we visited the cemetery where the children are buried, truly moving experience, to see so many graves laid out as a memorial😢
VALLMO9

Post by VALLMO9 »

On the morning of 28 January 1986 the Principal of the school I worked at announced the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster over the school intercom system. He requested 3 minutes of silence. It was all quite surreal and so tragic.
paulr1949

Post by paulr1949 »

I can also still remember the day when JFK was assassinated. We were watching tv at home and the programme was interrupted. When his brother was killed, I was at school.
The other date I remember was 9/11 - mixed memories, as it was our silver wedding anniversary
Paul