We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

John Augustus Crisp

Share your brick walls here, or help others demolish theirs.
KayFarndon

John Augustus Crisp

Post by KayFarndon »

John Augustus Crisp was my great grandfather and he had five children. My grand mother was Lizzie b.1879 and one of her sisters Susan b.1881, my great-aunt, who I met several times. If you have a connection to this family then please respond to this message. All I want is exchange of information and possibly photographs.

Lizzie married Alfred Ernest Albert Jesney in 1899 in Theddlethorpe St Helen Lincolnshire and Susan married Harry Meggitt in 1905 in Hull. I think there must be some descendants out there.

My thanks to everyone for reading this.
Mick Loney

Re: John Augustus Crisp

Post by Mick Loney »

The only Crisp I have is Charlotte, born 1861 Stoke on Trent, who married William Hackwood in 1879! :D

Could have been worse if she’d married a Mr Walkers, to become Charlotte Walkers Crisp ( sorry, couldn’t resist)
KayFarndon

Post by KayFarndon »

Thank you for that Mick, but not belonging to me.

I have a Lark Moody marrying a John Crow on my tree, you couldn't make it up, could you?
Amazinggrace

Post by Amazinggrace »

Kay, have you contacted the Lincolnshire family history society? They are a friendly bunch and might give you some pointers.
Good luck
Grace :D
KayFarndon

Post by KayFarndon »

Thank you Amazing Grace, but have already been down that road.