We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

Finding a birth

Share your brick walls here, or help others demolish theirs.
PatsyAlice

Re: Finding a birth

Post by PatsyAlice »

Thank you for this elaboration. As he died in hospital it is likely your last suggestion is the one. I have only found an address from this certificate and the phone directories. The latter is under the name J Dalziel.
AntonyM

Post by AntonyM »

If the informant was acting in an official capacity e.g. solicitor, local authority etc. then you would expect the address given to be their work/office premises ( as on the attached example) ... if the informant's address is residential then the connection is more likely to be a personal one.
Attachments
Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg (24.96 KiB) Viewed 374 times
Professional Researcher (retired) and former Deputy Registrar
PatsyAlice

Post by PatsyAlice »

Thank you. I have assumed that Jack Razey moved in with a lady called Dalziel and for some reason took her surname but when and where this happened is unknown. I cannot prove this. The first phone number in Bletchley is 1964. I cannot find him under either name between 1946 and then but it is hard when you don't know where to look.
avaline

Post by avaline »

VALLMO9 wrote: 18 Aug 2022, 17:59 This might be the lady who was the informant on OJD's 1977 death certificate:

1939 Register
Annie B Dalziel (married)
DoB: 11 Dec 1912 (the 1985 death registration indicates DOB is 12 Dec 1912)
Address: 16 Somerville Road, Dartford, Kent
Occupation: Vickers Dartford (I wonder if that was Vickers-Armstrongs, the munitions factory?)

In which case, this marriage might be her, as well:

1937 Wandsworth
Annie B DORMAN
Thomas K DALZIEL

There's a Thomas K Dalziel also living in Dartford (1939 Register). Born 1914.
The Thomas K Dalziel who was married to (and on the 1939 register with) Annie/Annabella was Thomas Kerr Dalziel. I've traced him in the London Electoral Registers from 1951 - 1965, but Annie is never with him. He died in Chatham RD in 1991

A male Dalziel/Dorman child was born in 1941 in the Sheppey, Kent registration district, then nothing until 1951 when a female was born in Willesden RD. A female of the same name marries in Buckinghamshire in 1969, which may or may not be her

It may be worth obtaining the 1951 birth certificate to see who is named as the father?

Just to add that Annie B Dalziel can also be found in the Electoral Registers in Acton 1952-1955, alone.
PatsyAlice

Post by PatsyAlice »

Thanks Avaline - a bit more food for thought. Interesting to see Annie was in Acton. It might explain how they met. I had found the marriage in Buckinghamshire and am pondering on it. I think there might be three children from the Dalziel/Dorman marriage. The longer gap may or may not be explained by the war. I hadn't considered getting that last birth cert. but it is worth thinking about.