We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

Death Philip Neri Parmiter Snr

Share your brick walls here, or help others demolish theirs.
meekhcs

Re: Death Philip Neri Parmiter Snr

Post by meekhcs »

Quick update

I am sure the Mary Parmiter (various spelling) records in the poor law records are for Philips's wife. I know they lived in Western St in Jan 1880 and New Oxford St. (or Oxford St) in the 1881 census. They had five children. Therefore it seems reasonable that the record for Philip is also correct.

I have emailed the GRO re the James Parminter death in 1879 asking for cause of death and informant.

I found a James C Parminter living in Swansea but he is still alive in 1881 so not him. No luck so far in finding any other James Parminter in Swansea.

Edited: The Family lived at 12 Park St in the 1871 Census. William Parminter doesn't seem to exist in the 1881 census or anywhere else. This all may turn to be a list of incorrect recording of info and/or transcriptions!!
Sally
VALLMO9

Post by VALLMO9 »

In an earlier post I mentioned the lack of BNA's newspaper coverage for Swansea in 1879. I forgot that the The National Library of Wales website features Welsh newspapers and articles. https://newspapers.library.wales/
meekhcs

Post by meekhcs »

Thanks to jonwarrn I have found school records for Philip Neri's children for the period 1874-1880 which confirm addresses within this post and add another one into the mix for 1877 - Garden Street. Within the same vicinity in Swansea. The children attended Oxford St Infants School.

This led me to another electoral Register find for a William Parminter in Garden Street in 1878.

West Glamorgan Archives added further to my info by telling me that Philip Parmitor in plot 31B was buried from the Fever Hospital.

GRO finally acknowledged my request for confirmation of the James Parmintor death registration in 1879, and said I would receive an answer in due course!
Sally
AntonyM

Post by AntonyM »

meekhcs wrote: 09 Sep 2022, 08:42 GRO finally acknowledged my request for confirmation of the James Parmintor death registration in 1879, and said I would receive an answer in due course!
The only answer you will get from GRO is a referral to the process for ordering a certificate.
Professional Researcher (retired) and former Deputy Registrar
meekhcs

Post by meekhcs »

Update!

I have now received the death cert for James Parminter attached below after giving up on the GRO answering my query.
james parminter death cert.JPG
james parminter death cert.JPG (503.04 KiB) Viewed 355 times
From the cert you can see death occurred on the 25th, he died of Typhoid at the Fever Hospital.
The burial I found for Philip at Danygraig was the 26th, from the Fever Hospital.
Put this together with the record for Philip Parmiter from the Poor Law Union receiving help because of Typhoid it points to James and Philip possibly being the same person, given that no other info can be found for James. Possibly a simple registration error. I suspect the hospital were issuing multiple certificates on a daily basis. I will write up the story including all the info collected with of course the relevant proviso.

The only other outstanding query is my written request to Danygraig Cemetery for confirmation of the burial register entry. As I wrote 2 weeks ago I do not hold out much hope of an answer, and, unless it happened to mention a Family member, would probably not add to the story.

Many thanks to ALL of you who helped me with this problem on here, through PM's, emails and visits to the cemetery.

Sally
Sally