We welcome any query on Who When Where. If you have previously posted it on another forum (including the old WDYTYA forum), please state this in your opening post - this will save people redoing the research which has been done before: they can look at it and possibly go further with it.

can not get anywhere researching one family ancestor

Share your brick walls here, or help others demolish theirs.
meekhcs

Re: can not get anywhere researching one family ancestor

Post by meekhcs »

Depending on what the death cert says I would consider the following:

I suggest researching this Family
Thomas Holmes and Emma Loosemore (as Vallmo said) were bn in the NE England BUT they married 1 Nov 1886 in Kidwelly, Camarthen , the image is on FMP

In the 1891 census they are still there with sons William J and Philip ( father of John Henry Vincent)
Surely it cannot be a coincidence that Thelma mentions JHV Holmes as her Father, she must have known the Family?

In 1901 Thomas and Emma Holmes have moved with their Family to Neath
They have a son John H Holmes bn 1894 ( this would be a tight fit for him to be Thelma' Father but perhaps she was born illegitimately?)
They also have a daughter Martha S Holmes bn in 1883 in Swansea, so BEFORE they were married.
Further investigation shows she was born Martha Loosemore 1882 Q4 Swansea v 11A p 674, no MMN - worth investigating

I cannot find Emma in 1881 but in 1871 she is in Bridgend with her Grandparents, Robert and Elizabeth bn Yarmouth, Devon and Stockland, Dorset respectively, which is interesting. Emma's place of birth is clearly recorded as Durham (to fit with Darlington)

I found all this on FMP but everything bar the marriage image for Thomas and Emma should be on Ancestry too
Sally
forcesilver

Post by forcesilver »

Thank you for all the research Sally
It is very interesting indeed, I must spend a bit more time on what information you have provided.
Thank you very much
Bob
forcesilver

Post by forcesilver »

i did research Thomas and Emma (as Vallmo said ) I will try again with a different approach.

Bob